Easter is a fun spring holiday, but there is also a reverence and beauty to this holiday that is not found in many of the other holidays that we celebrate. To help you capture that essence, here are some Easter window crafts that will give your windows an elegant Easter look.
Easter Stained Glass Window
- Easter shapes
- Kraft paper
- Wax paper
- Pencil sharpener
Let’s Get Started:
- Take the Easter shapes and trace their shape with a pencil on the wax paper.
- Cut out the Easter shape from the wax paper.
- Cut out two shapes for each project.
- Put the wax paper on a piece of kraft paper.
- Use the pencil sharpener to create crayon shavings.
- Let the shavings fall evenly on the wax paper.
- Place the second piece of wax paper on top of the shavings.
- Put a piece a kraft paper over the top wax paper.
- Use medium heat to iron the paper lightly. Lift up the kraft paper to check progress every 3 passes or so.
- Once all the shavings are melted, let the project cool.
- Use double-sided tape to attach each shape in your window.
Window Yarn Easter Eggs
- 12-inch balloons
- Mod Podge Matte
- Yarn in Easter colors who or without glitter in it
- Sponge paintbrush
- Cup, pot, or other item to place balloon on while working on it
Let’s Make It:
- Blow up your balloons until they are about 6 inches tall,but still have their egg shape.
- Use your sponge brush to cover the balloon with the Mod Podge.
- Take the yarn straight off its roll and tie a little bit to the balloon knot on top to anchor it.
- Wrap more yarn all around the balloon making any design you like.
- Cut the end of the yarn when you have wrapped enough and tuck it under another piece.
- Take your sponge brush again and generously dab the Mod Podge all over the string, making sure the yarn is soaked.
- Let it dry for about 24 hours.
- Once really dry pop the balloons and remove the deflated rubber from the inside of the egg. (If you don’t wait until the egg is really dry, it will lose its shape when the balloon is popped.).
- Weave some string though your new eggs and hang in your window.