Everyone loves a beautiful stained glass window, and now you and your kids can make a faux one to enjoy for Valentine’s Day. These faux stained glass projects are simple, but they do require parent supervision to create them and also to help hang them up in the windows.
Once completed, you will have your very own Valentine’s Day stained glass lighting up your home.
Valentine’s Stained Glass Crayons
- Crayons (broken)
- Wax paper
- Clothes iron
- Cut the wax paper in the shape of hearts.
- Put the crayon pieces on of the sheets of wax paper and place a second piece of wax paper on top of the crayons.
- Use the clothes iron over the top piece of wax paper to melt the crayons.
- Once the crayons are melted and have spread out, let the project cool before hanging it up in the window.
Valentine’s Stained Glass Tissue Paper
- Lace ribbon
- Colored tissue paper cut into different shapes
- Contact paper
- Cut the contact paper into hearts.
- Place one piece of contact paper sticky side up on the table, and place the edge of the lace ribbon along the edge of the contact paper on the sticky part.
- Put pieces of the tissue paper on the sticky part of the contact paper until there is no contact paper showing.
- Place a second piece of contact paper over the first piece, sticky side down.
- At this point the tissue paper and the edge of the lace ribbon should now be secure between the sticky parts of the two pieces of contact paper.
- Hang in window and enjoy.
Valentine’s Stained Glass Tracing Paper
- Tracing paper
- Black, red, pink, and white pencils or crayons
- Cut out a number of different sized hearts in the tracing paper.
- Take a black crayon or pencil and break up the inside of the heart with lines that create different shapes on the inside of the heart.
- Color in the shapes with the different colors of crayons or pencils that you have.
- Secure in your window, and enjoy the sun projecting Valentine’s Day colors into your home.