Wreaths in the window during Christmas are a simple decoration that anyone can appreciate because they are festive, but they also don’t clutter a window or make it look campy. You can also make window wreaths easily on your own, allowing you to create a window decoration that is unique to your own home.
Candy Cane Window Wreath
This window wreath is very easy to make and very inexpensive, you should be able to whip this one up in less than a ½ hour.
• 20 Candy Canes
• Clear Tape
• Glue (super glue works well)
• 4.5 in. heavy paper circle or white cardboard (back)
• A 3.5 in. paper circle (front)
• String or ribbon to hang wreath with.
1. Tape two candy canes back to each other with the crooks facing opposite ways. Tape once in the middle and once at the bottom.
2. Arrange the 10 pairs of candy canes on the large round circle so that they make a wreath.
3. Secure the candy canes to the circle with a generous amount of glue, and let dry.
4. You can also attach one pair to the one next to it by taping them at the crooks that face each other.
5. Write your holiday greeting on the smaller paper circle (or use a large Christmas present tag) and attach to the front center of the wreath.
6. Thread string or ribbon from the top two middle crooks and hang your new wreath in the window.