If you enjoy sitting at your window watching the leaves fall in the autumn, why not bring those leaves inside and have them always falling in your Louisville window?
Creating falling leaves in your Louisville windows is very simple, and they make a great decoration for the season that can be thrown away when it is time to switch to Christmas décor.
Falling Leaves Projects
Here is all that you will need to create this easy project:
- Thread or brown twine
- Shiny beads
- Different colors of fall leaves from your front yard or a nearby park
- Make sure that the fall leaves that you choose are still pliable and free of bugs. Leaves that are dried up will just crumble in your hands when you try to make this project. And well, we probably don’t need to go into why you don’t want the leaves to have bugs on them.
- Decide whether you are going to use brown twine or thread. Brown twine if you want a more rustic look to your leaf strings, and sewing thread if you want the leaves to stand out by themselves.
- Take the thread or string and cut pieces that are as tall as the window you are going to hang them in, plus an additional 4 inches.
- Cut as many pieces as you need for the width of your Louisville window. You are going to want the strings to be around two inches apart from each other.
- Take the last three inches of the end of the string or thread, loop it around itself and knot it. This is the loop that you are going to use to hang it with above your window with tape, staples, or a thumbtack.
- Take one of the shiny beads and thread it on to the string or thread at the opposite end of the loop so that it goes all the way down to the knotted loop that you just made.
- Next, take the stem of one of the leaves and knot the string or thread securely around the stem about 6 inches down from the loop. When it is finally hung in the window the bead will rest on the knot of the stem.
- Repeat this process of the bead and the knot around the stem of the leaf for the rest of the length of the thread
Once you are done with the first string, hang it up in your window immediately. This will get it out of the way so you can make the next string, prevent it from getting damaged, and will also allow you to gauge the space you need between strings with the size of the leaves that you chose to hang in your Louisville windows.