Bay windows are one of the most viable window options. Their popularity among American homeowners is a testament to their lasting appeal and superb functionality. With proper planning with a trusted home improvement company, you can even make its disadvantages work for you.
To give you a better idea of whether or not bay windows are the window option for you, here’s a look at their pros and cons.
- Aesthetically Appealing – Bay windows have a distinct look that gives a significant boost in terms of overall curb appeal.
- Added Space – Because they protrude outwards, homeowners will gain more interior space. Common uses for such spaces include lounge areas, book shelves, or even mini gardens.
- Dependability – Bay windows are strong and durable, and require minimal maintenance. You simply install them and enjoy their benefits without worrying about upkeep.
- An Overabundance of Lighting – If there’s one calling card of bay windows, it’s the abundance of natural lighting. Depending on your preference, you may not want this. However, you can still remedy it with a little window treatment.
- Custom Draperies – Because of their unique design, they often need custom-made draperies to cover them. Nevertheless, do note that investing in high-quality drapes are often a one-time purchase.
- Availability Issues – Not all homes can have these windows. To install bay windows, your home should be structurally sound to support its protruding characteristic.
While there are indeed some drawbacks, the benefits far outweigh them. Just like other types, it’s best to know what you want before making decisions. Consult a trusted contractor to weigh your options.
Renewal by Andersen® of Kentucky is your premier source for quality replacement windows. Call us today at (270) 215-5825, and experience the difference we can make for your home. We serve Louisville, KY, as well as many other nearby areas in Kentucky.