Most of us have made Easter eggs at one time or another in our lives to hang up as a decoration for Easter. But have you ever made one of these eggs with an Easter treasure inside?
By combining one of the favorite parts of Easter for most kids, the Easter egg hunt, with Easter decorations you can create a fun new type of Easter decoration to make for your windows.
Materials for Window Easter Eggs
To create these treasure filled Easter decorations, you really don’t need many materials. All you will need is the following:
- Construction paper
- Clear contact paper
- Stickers/foam cutouts/candy wrappers
Creating Your Window Easter Eggs
- To start, cut two identical sized squares of contact paper. For now, leave the backing on because we aren’t quite ready to use them yet.
- Next, take the construction paper and cut out the shape of an egg that will fit inside the contact paper squares. In other words, if you were to lay the egg on the square, the square would be larger than the egg.
- Now take the construction paper egg shape and cut out the inside of the egg, leaving only a ¾ to 1 inch strip around the edge.
- Remove the backing on one of the contact paper squares and place it on the table sticky side up. Secure the egg strip on the sticky part.
- On the sticky part of the contact paper, on the inside of the egg strip, is where you will put your Easter treasures. This could be stickers, foam shapes, smaller shapes cut out from the construction paper, or even candy wrappers of your favorite Easter candies.
- Once all of your treasures are secure, take the backing off the other square and place it over the egg you just created. Place this piece on slowly and smooth it out as you go to remove any air bubbles.
- Finally, cut any excess contact paper that extends beyond the outside of the egg.
Displaying Your Window Easter Egg
Once your Easter egg is complete, you can really display it anywhere you want to. However, these treasure eggs look especially good in a window. The light that comes through the windows really makes the treasures inside standout.